We have used a variety of clinical trials, review, articles and other reference material to compile the information on this website, and hereby list them for the benefit of our visitors.
Please note that we do not validate the claims or notations made in these studies, and this must be seen purely as information.
on this page
- Schultz, L.G. (1969), Lithium and potassium absorption, dehydroxylation temperature and strctural water content of aluminous smectites: Clays and Clay Minerals 17: 115-149.
- Harder, H. (1972), The role of magnesium in the formation of smectite minerals: Chemical Geology: 10: 31-39.
- Lagaly, G. and A. Weiss (1975), The layer charge of smectite layer silicates. In S.W. Bale, Editor, Proceedings of International Clay Conference, Mexico p. 157-172. Applied Publishing Ltd., Wilmette, Illinois.
- Eslinger, E., P. Highsmith, D. Albers, and B. deMayo (1979), Role of iron reduction in the conversion of smectite to illite in bentonites in the disturbed belt, Montana: Clays and Clay Minerals: 27: 327-338.
- Brigatti, M.F. and L. Poppi (1981), A mathematical model to distinguish the members of the dioctahedral smectite series: Clay Minerals: 16: 81-89.
- Nahon, D., F.Colin, and Y. Tardy (1982), Formation and distribution of Mg, Fe, Mn- smectites in the first stages of the lateritic weathering of forsterite and tephroite Clay Minerals: 17: 339-348.
- Brigatti, M.F. (1983), Relationships between composition and structure in Fe-rich smectites: Clay Minerals: 18: 177-186.
- Talibudeen, O., and K.W.T. Goulding (1983), Charge heterogeneity in smectites: Clays and Clay Minerals: 31: 37-42.
- May, H.M., D.G. Kinniburgh, P.A. Helmke, and M.L. Jackson (1986), Aqueous dissolution, solubilities and thermodynamic stabilities of common alumino-siolicate cla minerals; kaolinite and smectite. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta: 50: 1667-1677.
- Nadeau, P. and D. Bain (1986), Composition of some smectites and diagenetic illitic clays and implications for their origin: Clays and Clay Minerals: 34: 455-464.
- Decarreau, A., F. Colin, A. Herbillon, A. Manceau, D. Nahon, H. Paquet, D. Trauth-Badeaud, and J.J. Trescases (1987), Domain segregation in Ni-Fe-Mg-smectites: Clays and Clay Minerals: 35: 1-10.
- Iwazaki, T. and T. Watanabe (1988), Distribution of Ca and Na ions in dioctahedral smectites and interstratified dioctahedral mica/smectites: Clays and Clay Minerals: 36: 73-82.
- Madejova, J., K. Putyera, and B. Cicel (1992)Proportion of central atoms in octahedral layers of smectites calculated from IR spectra: Geologica Capathica Series Clays: 43: 117-120.
- Christidis, G.E. and A.C. Dunham (1997), Compositional variations in smectites: Part II. Alteration of acidic precursors. A case study from Milos Island, Greece: Clay Minerals: 32: 253-270.
- Madejova, J., P. Komadel, and B. Cicel (1994), Infrared study of octahedral site populations in smectites: Clay Minerals: 29: 319-326.
- Cuadros, J., and S.P. Altaner (1998), Compositional and structural features of the octahedral sheet in mixed layer illite-smectite from bentonites: European Journal of Mineralogy: 10: 111-124.
- Köster, H.M., U. Ehrlicher, H.A. Gilg, R. Jordan, E. Murad, and K. Onnich (1999), Mineralogical and chemical characteristics of five nontronites and Fe-rich smectites: Cay Minerals: 34: 579-599.
- Manceau, A., B. Lanson, V.A. Drits, D. Chateigner, W.P. Gates, J. Wu, D. Huo, and J.W. Stucki (2001), Oxidation-reduction mechanism of iron in dioctahedral smectites. I. Crystal chemistry of oxidized reference nontronites: American Mineralogist: 85: 133-152.
- Christidis, George E. and D.D. Eberl (2003), Determination of layer charge characteristics of smectites. Clays and Clay Minerals: 51: 644-655.
- Pironon, J., Pelletier, M., De Donato, P. and Mosser-Ruck, R. (2003) Characterization of smectite and illite by FTIR spectroscopy of interlayer NH4 + cations. Clay Minerals: 38: 201-211.
- Sainz-Diaz, C.I., E.J. Palin, M.T. Dove, and A. Hernandez-Laguna (2003a), Monte Carlo simulations of ordering of Al, Fe and Mg cations in the octahedral sheet of smectites and illites: American Mineralogist: 88: 1033-1045.
- Sainz-Diaz, C.I., E.J. Palin, A. Hernandez-Laguna, and M.T. Dove (2003b), Octahedral cation ordering of illite and smectite. Theoretical exchange potential determination and Monte Carlo simulation: Physics and Chemistry of Minerals: 30: 382-392.
- Gaudin, A., S. Petit, J. Rose, F. Martin, A. Decarreau, Y. Noack, and D. Borschneck (2004), The accurate crystal chemistry of ferric smectites from the lateritic nickel ore of Murin Murin (Western Australia). II. Spectroscopic (IR and EXAFS) approaches: Clay Minerals: 39: 453-467.
- Dainyak, Lidia G., Victor A. Drits, Bella B. Zviagina, and Holger Lindgreen (2006), Cation redistribution in the octahedral sheet during diagenesis of illite-smectites from Jurassic and Cambrian oil source rock shales: American Mineralogist: 91: 589-603.
- Christidis, George E. (2006), Genesis and compositional heterogeneity of smectites. Part III: Alteration of basic pyroclastic rocks - A case study from the Troodos Ophiolite Complex, Cyprus: American Mineralogist: 91: 685-701.
- Bagby, M.O., Comparison of Properties and Function of Jojoba Oil and Its Substitutes, Proceedings from the Seventh International Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, American Oil Chemists' Society, Champaign, IL, 1988.
- Brown, James H., Jojoba, HAPPI, October 1984.
- Brown, J. and K. Dwyer, The Jojoba Potential: An Overview, Proceedings from the Seventh International Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, American Oil Chemists' Society, Champaign, IL, 1988.
- Cadicamo, P. and J. Cadicamo, A Study of Jojoba Oi1, Its Derivatives and Other Cosmetic Oi1s, Cosmetics & Toi1etries, Vol. 97, 1982.
- Castetter, E.F. and R.M. Underhill, Ethnobiological Studies in The Arnerican Southwest, University of New Mexico Bulletin,Biological Series 4, 1935.
- Christensen, M.S. and E.W. Packman, Skin Surface Softening Effects of Jojoba and Its Derivatives, Proceedings from the Seventh International Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, American Oil Chemists' Society, Champaign, IL, 1988.
- Clavilero, F .J ., The History of Lower California, Stanford University Press, Palo Alto, California, Translated 1937.
- Darr, D.J., Biology of Oxygen Free Radicals, Inter. Conf on Cutaneous Aging (1988) Daugherty, P.M., H.H. Sineath, and T.A. Wastler, Industrial Raw Materials of Plant Origin IV: A Survey of Simmondisia Chinesis, Bull. Eng. Exp. Sta., Georgia lnst. Tech. 15 (13), 1953.
- Evison, J. and J.F. Chester, Nature, Soap, Perfume, and Cosmetics ,63 (13), November, 1990.
- Fieser, Louis and Mary Fieser, Basic Organic Chemistry, D.C. Heath and Company, USA 1959.
- Flider, Frank J., Jojoba: Finally a Real Industry Has Emerged, HAPPI, May, 1987.
- Greene, R.A., and E.O. Foster, BotlGaz/9.4 826-828, 1933.
- Green, T.G., T.P. Hilditch, and W.J. Stainsby, J. Chem. Soc. 1936.
- Hagemann, J.W. and J.A. Rothus, Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society, Vol. 56, # 629, 1979.
- Hirai, Y., N. Tonooka, T. Tanigawa, and K. Ito, Application of the Compounds Related to Jojoba in Cosmetics, Proceedings from the Seventh International Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, American Oil Chemists' Society, Champaign, IL, 1988. pp 305-317 Jacobsen, E. et al, Age Related Changes in Wax Ester Secretion Rate in Men and Women, Journal Of lnvestigative Dermatology, 85: 483-485, 1985.
- Johnson, W. Jr., Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Jojoba Oil and Jojoba Wax, J. of the American College of Toxicology, Vol. 11, No.1, 1992
- Kadish, A., A Search for the Origin of Jojoba, Proceedings from the Sixth International Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, Beer-Sheva, Israel, 1984.
- Katoh, M., M. Taguchi and T. Kunimoto, Current Status of Jojoba Oil Utilization in Cosmetics in Japan, in Proceedings Seventh international Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, edited by A.R. Baldwin, American Oil Chemists' Society,Champaign, IL, 1988, pp. 318-342.
- Kono, Y. K. Tomita, H. Katsura, and S. Ohtu, Proceedings from the Fourth International Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico, 1980.
- Libby, H., R.H. Purdy, R.L. Realina and T.A. Lugtu, Cosmetics Based on Jojoba Oil. 1. Oxidation Stability, Proceedings from the Sixth International Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, Beer-Sheva, Israel, 1984.
- McClatchey, K.D., in Jojoba: New Crop for Arid Lands; New Raw Material for Industry, National Academy Press, Washington D.C., 1985.
- McClatchey, K. D., W.J. Ferrell, and C. L. Pierson, Percutaneous Absorption of Jojoba Gil, O Proceedings from the Fourth International Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico, 1980.
- McKinney, R.S. and G.S. Jamieson, Oil & Soap 13,289-292,1936.
- Miwa, T. K., Structural_Determination and Uses of Jojoba Oil, Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society, Vol. 61, #2, February, 1984.
- Miwa, T .K. and J .W. Hagemann, Physical And Chemical Properties of Jojoba Liquid And Solid Waxes, Proceedings from the Second International Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico, 1976.
- Miwa, T.K. and G. Spencer, Composition of Jojoba Oil From Nuts Harvested at Different Geographical Regions, Proceedings from the Second International Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico, 1976.
- Necks, D.C. and M.P. Doyle, Organic Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, New York, 1977. Official and Tentative Methods of the American Oil Chemists' Society, Vol I & Vol. 11, 3rd Edition by W .F .Link, AOCS Press, Champaign, IL, revised 1992.
- Orkin, M., H.I. Maibach, and M.V. Dahl, Dermatology 1991 Personal Care Products Now lnclude Biologically Active Cosmetics, lnternational News on Fats, Oils, and Related Materials, 1(6), June 1990.
- Purcell, H. Quality Standards Committee Progress Report, Proceedings from the Sixth Inter- national Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, Beer-Sheva, Israel, 1984.
- Purcell, H., Natural Jojoba Versus Dryness and Free Radicals, Cosmetics and Toiletries Manufacture Worldwide, Aston Publishing Group, Herdfordshire, U.K., 1993.
- Purcell, H., Natural Jojoba's Moisture Control and Oxidative Stability Took Millions of Years to Perfect. Cosmetics and Toiletries Manufacture Worldwide, Aston Publishing Group, Herdfordshire, U.K., in press.
- Reinhardt, J.G. and J. H. Brown, Jojoba in Cosmetics, Eighth International Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, Asuncion, Paraguay, 1990.
- Richey, H.G., Fundamentals of Organic Chemistry, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1983.
- Ricks, D.J., Jojoba Oil in Cosmetics, Eighth International Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, Asuncion, Paraguay, 1990.
- Ricks, D.J., Functional Natural Oils, Cosmetics & Toiletries, Vol. 106, Feb. 1991, Sherebraake, W.C. and E.F. Haase, Jojoba: A Wax-Producing Shrub at the Sonoran Desert, Tucsan, AZ, University of Arizona, Office of Arid Land Studies, 1974.
- Spencer, G .F .and G .R. List, Specifications, Physical Properties and Methods of Analysis for Jojoba Oil, Proceedings from the Seventh International Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, American Oil Chemists' Society, Champaign, IL, 1988.
- Swern, D., Bailey's Industrial Gil and Fat Products, Vol. 1 (4th edition), John Wiley and Sons, 1979.
- Taguchi, M., Test Results On Safety on Jojoba Oil To Be Used For Cosmetics, Proceedings from the Second International Conference on Jojoba and Its Uses, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico, 1976.
- Taguchi, M. and T. Kunimoto, Cosmetics & Toiletries 92 (9), 53,1977.
- Habashy RR, Abdel-Naim AB, Khalifa AE, Al-Azizi MM., Anti-inflammatory effects of jojoba liquid wax in experimental models., Pharmacol Res. 2005 Feb;51(2):95-105.
Battinelli L, Daniele C, Cristiani M, Bisignano G, Saija A, Mazzanti G., In vitro antifungal and anti-elastase activity of some aliphatic aldehydes from Olea europaea L. fruit., Phytomedicine. 2006 Sep;13(8):558-63.
- Thioune O, Ahodikpe D, Dieng M, Diop AB, Ngom S, Lo I (2000). "[Inflammatory ointment from shea butter and hydro-alcoholic extract of Khaya senegalensis barks (Cailcederat)]" (in French). Dakar Med 45 (2): 113–6.
- Lamien-Meda A, Lamien CE, Compaoré MM, Meda RN, Kiendrebeogo M, Zeba B, Millogo JF, Nacoulma OG., Polyphenol content and antioxidant activity of fourteen wild edible fruits from Burkina Faso., Molecules. 2008 Mar 6;13(3):581-94.
- Ndukwe KC, Okeke IN, Lamikanra A, Adesina SK, Aboderin O., Antibacterial activity of aqueous extracts of selected chewing sticks., J Contemp Dent Pract. 2005 Aug 15;6(3):86-94
- Maranz S, Wiesman Z., Influence of climate on the tocopherol content of shea butter., J Agric Food Chem. 2004 May 19;52(10):2934-7.
- Maranz S, Wiesman Z, Garti N., Phenolic constituents of shea (Vitellaria paradoxa) kernels., J Agric Food Chem. 2003 Oct 8;51(21):6268-73.
- Di Vincenzo D, Maranz S, Serraiocco A, Vito R, Wiesman Z, Bianchi G., Regional variation in shea butter lipid and triterpene composition in four African countries., J Agric Food Chem. 2005 Sep 21;53(19):7473-9.
- Thioune O, Ahodikpe D, Dieng M, Diop AB, Ngom S, Lo I., [Inflammatory ointment from shea butter and hydro-alcoholic extract of Khaya senegalensis barks (Cailcederat)], Dakar Med. 2000;45(2):113-6. [French]
- Ogunwande IA, Bello MO, Olawore ON, Muili KA., Phytochemical and antimicrobial studies on Butyrospermum paradoxum., Fitoterapia. 2001 Jan;72(1):54-6
- Chiang JP, Hsu DZ, Tsai JC, Sheu HM, Liu MY., Effects of topical sesame oil on oxidative stress in rats., Altern Ther Health Med. 2005 Nov-Dec;11(6):40-5.
- Trivedi et al, 1995
- Fuchs J, Huflejt ME, Rothfuss LM, Wilson DS, Carcamo G, Packer L. Acute effects of near ultraviolet and visible light on the cutaneous antioxidant defense system. Photochemistry and photobiology. 1989 Dec;50(6):739-44
Cockerell CJ: Histopathology of incipient intraepidermal squamous cell carcinoma ("actinic keratosis"). J Am Acad Dermatol 2000 Jan; 42(1 Pt 2): 11-7.
Cohn BA: From sunlight to actinic keratosis to squamous cell carcinoma. J Am Acad Dermatol 2000 Jan; 42(1 Pt 1): 143-4.
Drake LA, Ceilley RI, Cornelison RL, et al: Guidelines of care for actinic keratoses. Committee on Guidelines of Care. J Am Acad Dermatol 1995 Jan; 32(1): 95-8.
Feldman SR, Fleischer AB Jr, Williford PM, Jorizzo JL: Destructive procedures are the standard of care for treatment of actinic keratoses. J Am Acad Dermatol 1999 Jan; 40(1): 43-7.
Glogau RG: The risk of progression to invasive disease. J Am Acad Dermatol 2000 Jan; 42(1 Pt 2): 23-4.
Goette DK: Topical chemotherapy with 5-fluorouracil. A review. J Am Acad Dermatol 1981 Jun; 4(6): 633-49.
Kurwa HA, Yong-Gee SA, Seed PT, et al: A randomized paired comparison of photodynamic therapy and topical 5-fluorouracil in the treatment of actinic keratoses. J Am Acad Dermatol 1999 Sep; 41(3 Pt 1): 414-8.
Leffell DJ: The scientific basis of skin cancer. J Am Acad Dermatol 2000 Jan; 42(1 Pt 2): 18-22.
Marks R, Rennie G, Selwood TS: Malignant transformation of solar keratoses to squamous cell carcinoma. Lancet 1988 Apr 9; 1(8589): 795-7.
Moy RL: Clinical presentation of actinic keratoses and squamous cell carcinoma. J Am Acad Dermatol 2000 Jan; 42(1 Pt 2): 8-10.
No authors listed: Actinic keratoses: scientific evaluation and public health implications. Proceedings of a conference. January 27, 1999. J Am Acad Dermatol 2000 Jan; 42(1 Pt 2): 1-30.
Salasche SJ: Epidemiology of actinic keratoses and squamous cell carcinoma. J Am Acad Dermatol 2000 Jan; 42(1 Pt 2): 4-7.
Winton GB, Salasche SJ: Dermabrasion of the scalp as a treatment for actinic damage. J Am Acad Dermatol 1986 Apr; 14(4): 661-8.
- B Eberlein-König & J Ring, Relevance of vitamins C and E in cutaneous photoprotection, Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, January 2005, Volume 4 Page 4
Bissett D.L., Chatterjee R., Hannon D.P., Photoprotective effect of topical anti-inflammatory agents against ultraviolet radiation-induced chronic skin damage in the hairless mouse. Photodermatology, Photoimmunology & Photomedicine. 1990 Aug;7(4):153-8.
Gensler H.L., Magdaleno M.,Topical vitamin E inhibition of immunosuppression and tumorigenesis induced by ultraviolet irradiation. Nutrition and Cancer. 1991;15(2):97-106.
- Pathak M.A., Robins P., A response to concerns about sunscreens: a report from the Skin Cancer Foundation. The Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology. 1989 May;15(5):486-7.
- Darr D., Dunston S., Faust H., Pinnell S., Effectiveness of antioxidants (vitamin C and E) with and without sunscreens as topical photoprotectants. Acta dermato-venereologica. 1996 Jul;76(4):264-8.
- Kondo S, Mamada A, Yamaguchi J, Fukuro S., Protective effect of dl-alpha-tocopherol on the cytotoxicity of ultraviolet B against human skin fibroblasts in vitro. Photodermatology, photoimmunology & photomedicine. 1990 Aug;7(4):173-7.
- Bissett D.L., Chatterjee R., Hannon D.P., Photoprotective effect of topical anti-inflammatory agents against ultraviolet radiation-induced chronic skin damage in the hairless mouse. Photodermatology, Photoimmunology & Photomedicine. 1990 Aug;7(4):153-8.
- Panin G., Strumia R., Ursini F., Topical alpha-tocopherol acetate in the bulk phase: eight years of experience in skin treatment. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2004 Dec;1031:443-7.
- Dalle Carbonare M., Pathak M.A., Skin photosensitizing agents and the role of reactive oxygen species in photoaging. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology. B, Biology. 1992 Jun 30;14(1-2):105-24.
- McVean M., Liebler D.C., Prevention of DNA photodamage by vitamin E compounds and sunscreens: roles of ultraviolet absorbance and cellular uptake. Molecular Carcinogesis. 1999 Mar;24(3):169-76.
- Weiser H., 1986
- Taren D.L., Chvapil M., Weber C.W., Increasing the breaking strength of wounds exposed to preoperative irradiation using vitamin E supplementation.International journal for vitamin and nutrition research. Internationale Zeitschrift für Vitamin- und Ernährungsforschung. Journal international de vitaminologie et de nutrition. 1987;57(2):133-7.